Purpose of position
The purpose of this position is to provide a wide range of tax services to a portfolio of corporate clients, ranging from local and international corporates.
Key roles & responsibilities
- Providing audit support on Statutory Audit for income and deferred tax and the related disclosures in the Annual Financial Statement (“AFS”). Liaising with the audit and clients on the clients premises. Preparation of detailed report of findings and communicating these to the audit teams and client.
- Managing client portfolios end-to-end that includes inter alia preparation and completion of company income tax returns, provisional tax returns, IT14SD’s, SARS requests for information, SARS audits, dispute resolution, withholding taxes and ad-hoc client queries. Assistance with completion of reconciliations for IT14SD returns on a multi-disciplinary basis for income tax, Value Added Tax (“VAT”) and Pay-As-You-Earn (“PAYE”) as a result of the income tax return submissions. This include the management of e-filing, compiling relevant deliverables and collating reports of findings.
- Preparing budgets assignments, engagement letters, managing time and monitoring lock-up (billing book) and preparing billing requests.
- Assisting with the arrangement and hosting of tax events and writing articles for publishing
- Pro-actively identifying consulting opportunities for other tax functions
- Managing own monthly lockup (business book) and preparing billing requests
- Providing guidance and reviewing of junior staff work and liaising effectively with senior staff members and updating them regularly with the status and progress of client portfolios
Qualifications and experience
- CA (SA) and up to date knowledge of latest IFRS standards
- M Comm of H Dip in Taxation (not requirement, but further studies will be required)
- Degree in taxation
- Working knowledge of SARS eFiling will be an advantage
- Advance knowledge of Excel and Word
Skills and attributes
- Ability to critically analyse AFS and interpret it to identify business and tax risks
- Taking ownership of work and ability to function well in a high pressure environment
- Attention to detail and presenting work in an orderly and logical manner
- Team player and good with people skills and ability to deal effectively with people at all levels