Here are some helpful tips for you to follow in order to prepare for an upcoming job interview.
Before the interview
- Research various aspects about the company, including its products and services, type of customers, culture and history. You can do this research via social media as well as online searches.
- Dress smartly and professionally. Male candidates should wear closed button up shirt as well as a tie, hair must be brushed neatly. Female candidates should not show cleavage and wear neat attire with closed shoes, no sandals and spaghetti strap tops.
- Aim to be at the interview meeting point at least 15 minutes prior to the agreed time.
- Bring along copies of your CV, academic transcripts (if you have recently graduated) and identity document (ID).
During the interview
- It’s normal to be nervous at the start of the interview, however, try to make a point of calming down, speaking slowly and clearly and remaining professional at all times.
- Even if past academic, professional or personal achievements may not relate entirely to the applied job, make sure to mention them, as this builds on character and shows intensity.
- Make sure you understand the question being asked and get further clarification if you are unsure. Asking for clarification or further explanation in order to fully understand is not a sign of weakness.
- Avoid salary discussions during an interview.
- Ask questions that matter to you, such as the company’s values, management style and employee performance evaluations.
After the interview
- If your interview was successful, SKA will contact you. It could take a few days, but we will give you a call as soon as we have heard from the company.
- If you don’t get appointed, try find out why and apply that knowledge to your next interview.